Thursday, February 4, 2016

Salvage Dawgs Season 4 Episode 1

My Favorite Episode So Far!

Salvage Dawgs on DIY Network

Difficult to see here, but it is the cast iron from the front of an old store in Vicksburg, MS.

First, let me apologize for the delay. I had three contracts come in at the same time, my daughter was sick, and I had two papers due. I actually have had seven of these (for Salvage Dawgs) written on my log book, but haven't had time to type them into the blog yet. 

See! Here are my notes!

 I come in today to add the rest of my notes in and I find a kind note from Black Dog Salvage on the first post. You can see it here. http://thesassycountess.blogspot.com/2016/01/salvage-dawgs-season-3-episode-11.html?showComment=1454604647327#c101271434929736070

 Why did I love this episode? I really learned a lot:

*Cast iron is brittle

*"It was put up in parts and it has to come down in parts." ~Mike

*Cyprus wood has resistance properties. The upper floor joists were out in the elements for 6 years(? I think this is what he said.) 

*Don't remove a bolt that's been there 160 years - You just don't." You'll need to watch the episode to find out how they removed the cast iron. 

Other items:

Fog horn off a life boat

Their craft project item was a table they made for the home of a country music duo, "Thompson Square." 

Again, another example of something that I was afraid of coming out gorgeous!

Detail of the table. To find out more, make sure you watch this episode.

 I would give this episode five and half tiaras if I had them. So, obviously, I think  you should really watch this episode.

 

Additional labels: American Houses, Old Houses, Historic Houses, house, Salvage, Clean Out, Junk Out, Rehabilitate, Sassy Countess, The Sassy Countess, Countess Estates, Real Estate, Real Estate Management, Estate Management

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great T-Shirts and More!


See other gifts available on Zazzle.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...